Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Final Update

I finished my NaNo novel this morning at about 10:00.  After validating through the NaNoWriMo website and being declared a winner, I read the first thirty pages of Diane Gaston's Valiant Soldier, Beautiful Enemy (book three of the fabulous Three Soldiers miniseries), cross-stitched for the first time all month, watched a bit of the Today Show, brushed my teeth and went out to lunch.

For the first time in thirty days I wasn't watching the clock to make sure I got to the computer on time.  I loved the freedom, but, oddly, I miss my novel.  Yes, the hero and heroine got their happy ending.  I wrote epilogues about their wedding day and the day the hero finds out he's going to be a dad. 

I'm looking forward to the editing/rewriting process, now that I have a step by step guide to the plot. 

Will I do NaNoWriMo again?  Definitely.  The intense writing was hard on my neck and shoulder and my chair made my back hurt, but the joy of having a solid framework for completing this particular book is exhilarating.  I like that.

Congrats to all of you who've been NaNoing along with me.  Congrats also to my nephew Brian, who also won this year.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment