Monday, November 14, 2011

NaNoWriMo Update: Back on Track

I spent most of the day Saturday writing, mostly in fifteen and thirty minute word sprints, in order to write 3,492 words (a record for me).  I got caught up and resolved not to fall behind again.

This type of writing, all in, all day long, is a killer.  I remember when I first began writing.  I'd get to the computer early in the evening and spend hours crafting sentences, searching for just the right word.  I put in a lot of time on my elbow, with my chin cupped in my palm, constructing the perfect prose that would make me, if not famous, then successful as a writer.

Now I have a note on my computer monitor that says, JUST WRITE IT! and it means just that.  Have the thought, write the thought.  If it's not perfect, don't worry.  It will all work out in the edits.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment