Monday, January 30, 2012

Spring in the Springs


See that tiny, little splash of pink in the center of the photo?  That's spring in Central Florida!

This shot is of the boulevard that stretches from the old side of town to the new side.  City Hall is just up the road, out of the shot.  I travel this route when I go to the grocery store, to visit my favorite restaurant, to get to the road that takes me to the library and the crafts store.

Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed the trees with their blooms and realized if I was going to get a shot of them I'd better hurry up, because those blossoms don't last forever.  Yesterday I decided it was then, or never, and since traffic wouldn't be so heavy I headed out.  All up and down the road the bursts of pink played peek-a-boo with me.  Yes, I did some illegal parking and I did step out onto the roadway once or twice, but I was careful and now I have a memento of the day, and of Spring 2012.  When I got home I sat on the porch with my current project and added 1,081 words.  It was a perfect day.

To all of you still up to your knees in snow, I'm sorry.  Just wait until summer when it's 200 degrees in the shade down here and you've got a balmy 80.  I'm just saying...it all evens out in the end.

Happy writing!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture. I'm still waiting for blossoms out here in California - still a bit early for them. It has been really cold this winter!!

    ReplyDelete