Saturday, January 28, 2012

Finished!

These past few months the muse has been dragging me around by the collar to various creative opportunities, including crocheting, crafting with felt, working with color pencils, pillow making, quilting and occasionally, cross stitch.  My friend Sonja says that one kind of creativity always leads to another, and I'm finding this more true every day.

I finally finished my afghan.  I may be biased, but I think it's a beauty.


It's from a pattern called "Apple Delight" that I found in the September/October 1988 issue of Country Needlecraft.  The yarn color is Country Rose.  I love this pattern because it requires no counting of rows (except for the base chain) and because it works so fast.  I've made at least a dozen afghans in this pattern and have given all of them away.  I like thinking someone is warm this winter because of something I made.

Working this afghan was good for my pinkie finger, too.  It kept it limber as it heals.  If you crochet, you know how essential that pinkie is for anchoring the yarn as you go.

I've already started another afghan, since the weather is still somewhat cool.  I'm making it with a pale yellow baby yarn.  It's like crocheting with spider web, its so fine.  Now if someone would just have a baby...hint, hint, hint.

Yes, I have been writing all this time as well.  In the past three weeks I have added almost 10,000 words to my work in progress, so the CFRW challenge is working its magic.

So, what are you working on???

Happy writing!

1 comment:

  1. I love the texture in this pattern for the afghan. Looks so cool to snuggle up in. I've been wanting my mom to teach me how to crochet. If this is an easy pattern, it might be a good one to try.

    What am I already keeping busy with? my sketching and painting in my little journal.

    ReplyDelete