Friday, May 13, 2011

Not Writer's Block...But What?

I'm having a Scarlet O'Hara day today...I haven't done one thing that couldn't just as easily be done tomorrow.

I did have lunch today at a wonderful vegan restaurant with my friend Jennifer, and we did talk about books, but talking about books is not the same as writing one.

When I got home I watched the news--none of it good--and read for a few minutes, listened to the thunder pounding outside, and hoped for rain.

Dinner was late and I didn't get to the computer until 9:00pm. Slaved over the same ten pages I've slaved over all week. Ugh.

Not a productive day. The muse is not amused.

I'd love to say I have a fool-proof plan for tomorrow, but really, I tolerated 30+ years of work-related planning and the nicest thing I can say about it is how wonderful I felt when I was able to give it up.

So, here's the not-a-plan. I will finish off those doggone ten pages that have given me grief and edit/rewrite (as is required) the next ten. Possibly more, possibly not. There is only one thing writtten in stone. I will try.

P.S. It never did rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment