Monday, October 31, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

Believe in yourself.  After that, everything is easier. ~ Larry P ~

Last January when I wrote out my goals for the year I listed taking part in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and attempting to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. It's the last day of October and I'm still somewhat on the fence about whether to participate.

Or am I?

On Friday night I officially registered at the NaNoWriMo website.  I started plotting a book (the fifth, and last, I think, of the cowboy books).  I've caught up on cleaning projects.  I pre-planned several blog posts.  I cooked and froze some meals so that I won't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.  My schedule is cleared.

So, why the reluctance to commit?  Isn't that a guy thing? 

Maybe it's a fear of failing or the fear of success--another rough draft on my list of not-quite-finished manuscripts that I want, really want, to complete. 

I'm eager to start a new project.  That's one of the most fun things about writing. 

So why not just do it, you big chicken? 

Okay, okay, I'm in.  Come Tuesday, right after I take my daily walk, I'll be at the computer, making the magic happen again.

Just to prove I'm serious, I'll share the back cover blub I wrote for this story, Take Me Home, last March:

He's the perfect man 

Witty, urbane, handsome and rich as Croesus, big-time sports agent Shadow Markham is a man's man and a woman's dream. 

She's a hardworking woman  

She's shaken the dust of ranch life off her shoes.  Lindsay Palmer is ready for the bright lights and big city diversions of Denver but she never dreamed her boss would be the main attraction.  Or that he'd drag her screaming and kicking her Jimmy Choos all the way back to the country.

Or that she'd want to stay there, forever, as long as he was there.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment