Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rakkutta ja lapsionnea

A rainy day got sunny when I found a nice surprise in the mail today. It was a little box from Harlequin--two copies of Rakkutta ja lapsionnea.

No, I’m not playing dancing digits on my keyboard. Rakkutta ja lapsionnea is Daddy in Waiting in Finnish.






One of the most fun things about being a Harlequin author is receiving copies of foreign editions. When I pulled this one out of the box I had a bit of a déjà vu experience because I remembered being paired with the incomparable Holly Jacobs before. Hmmm. I had to pull out my box of foreigns and my last royalty statement to realize that one of the copies was a direct sale copy and one was a retail copy. Not that it matters...I’m just happy to be in the game.

You may note that there are different covers on the books. The one on the right is my original cover and the other is Holly’s. In the baby cover sweepstakes, both are winners.

I once had a sister author tell me I was lucky that I got such a cute baby. She said that Harlequin babies usually look like space aliens. Hey, I’ve seen some of those babies, and my friend was right.


So, if you’re in Finland this summer, look up a copy of Rakkautta ja lapsionnea. If you miss it, it’s probably available at Amazon.com for a penny.

Happy writing.

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote a post, and Blogger ate it when I tried hit send. Just in case it mysteriously shows up later, I didn't want you wondering why I answered twice! LOL

    So, here we go again...

    Karen, I was delighted when "our" book showed up! I love that we're traveling in Finland together...we're so wild! LOL Our book's already up on my shelf!

    As for babies, I've had good luck with them...I've thought all my Harlequin baby covers were very cute. Unfortunately, one cover got voted as the ugliest cover of the year for Sil. Romance. I always felt very bad for that baby! LOL

    Holly

    ReplyDelete