Monday, September 19, 2011

Back in the Saddle

We got some much-needed rain in Central Florida. This morning everything is washed clean in more colors of green than you can count. Still hot (expecting 90s) but not so humid. That’s fall where I live.

Last night I took some time to scout out where I am in my various projects and realized I’d gotten behind on my goals for the year. Delusions of grandeur had me thinking that I’d be preparing The Cowboy Way for submission at about this time, but alas, it came in second in the Touch of Magic Contest and the editor who read the finalists only ranked them and did not comment—and also did not ask to see any of the manuscripts.


One of my Noodler sisters gave me the idea of writing a novella about the settling of fictitious Gosford (where all the action takes place) and I’ve spent way too much time thinking about that. I’m also preparing for NaNoWriMo and spending a lot of time plotting what will happen when Lindsay Palmer and Shadow Markham are thrown together at Tucker Richmond’s rodeo school.


Who are these people, you ask?  Stay tuned…

Happy writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment